A New Post
Hello, I haven't blogged in eons. But as the first half of my life as a year two comes to an end, I guess I should jot down some stuff that has been floating around in my mind. The many changes that came last year when I first entered year versus this year where nothing is changing because I guessed I have already largely settled in, feels a little weird. Granted yes, it is not like I know all there is to being a university undergraduate but I have already craved out my small little comfort zone. (Favorite food in canteen, checked, hanging out with the same friends that can make you laugh till you cry, checked, knowing when/where to study if I want to study, checked.) Is there nothing else?
Sometimes I wonder if I should go and shake things out. It wasn't easy navigating the murky waters of the unknown in university last year and of course, I would much rather stay where I am. Fooling around having fun, and foolishly thinking that I am safe and secure in my little space here. Perhaps, that is the wise choice. Why go disturb a potential hornet's nest? Maybe, somewhere out there is something yet to be discovered, to be experienced? A college education is supposed to be eye-opening, exciting, and earth shaking I thought. (My best years have gone by? In just one year? Oh no.) Then again, things are going to change soon anyway.
I applied for exchange for my year three, either in semester one or two. Hopefully the Ang Mohs treat me well. Being smaller than the average Asian means I would be so much smaller than them. Oh dear, I suddenly fear that I would be severely bullied there and died of depression or something. Let's hope it will not come to that. And also, I will be going China this December, in a bid to enjoy while I am still not working and having lots of commitment. A trip that is half study and half fun, and a trip accompanied by a wonderful friend, I should sound for excited for this, but ya, according to experience, when the date draws nearer I will. (Not being able to sleep, packing and re-packing, thinking and thinking and thinking)
This semester, due to pulling out of all my commitments to non-study stuff, while uneventful, has been a really good time to unwind, relax and think. It doesn't help that I am trying to cover Glee, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, US Master Chef, The New Normal and other shows. I realize I really watch a lot of TV dramas. Seems like this semester has been spent on the TV rather than in school. Ask me to talk about these shows, otherwise we might just have no topics to talk about. Ha ha.
Sometimes I wonder if I should go and shake things out. It wasn't easy navigating the murky waters of the unknown in university last year and of course, I would much rather stay where I am. Fooling around having fun, and foolishly thinking that I am safe and secure in my little space here. Perhaps, that is the wise choice. Why go disturb a potential hornet's nest? Maybe, somewhere out there is something yet to be discovered, to be experienced? A college education is supposed to be eye-opening, exciting, and earth shaking I thought. (My best years have gone by? In just one year? Oh no.) Then again, things are going to change soon anyway.
I applied for exchange for my year three, either in semester one or two. Hopefully the Ang Mohs treat me well. Being smaller than the average Asian means I would be so much smaller than them. Oh dear, I suddenly fear that I would be severely bullied there and died of depression or something. Let's hope it will not come to that. And also, I will be going China this December, in a bid to enjoy while I am still not working and having lots of commitment. A trip that is half study and half fun, and a trip accompanied by a wonderful friend, I should sound for excited for this, but ya, according to experience, when the date draws nearer I will. (Not being able to sleep, packing and re-packing, thinking and thinking and thinking)
This semester, due to pulling out of all my commitments to non-study stuff, while uneventful, has been a really good time to unwind, relax and think. It doesn't help that I am trying to cover Glee, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, US Master Chef, The New Normal and other shows. I realize I really watch a lot of TV dramas. Seems like this semester has been spent on the TV rather than in school. Ask me to talk about these shows, otherwise we might just have no topics to talk about. Ha ha.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home