Tzy's Guide 1
Well the midyears are over and while the change of teachers have given everybody a rude shock, I think there is still a need to pause and reflect about what has happened. Apparently, last minute studying can only get you this far. Hence, I must make it a point to reconsider the studying places or style or timing. Maybe, maybe not, see first.
Although results might not be satisfactory to some, I feel that now is not the time to mop around and weep and everything. Still, I hope they get over their sadness soon. School should not be just about studying, I guessed. But, it is a JC after all. So now, the best thing is to be happy and read my guide.
Disclaimer: This guide is conjured up from my personal experiences. Different people might have varied experiences.
Tzy’s Guide to Mugging Places
Mac Donald’s
Firstly, I started studying on the last week of June Holiday the Friday and everyday at the Mac Donald’s with Han Wei. The good thing about it is Mac is a good place to highlight your lecture notes and read it a few times. However, getting it into your head or making your notes is an uphill task indeed.
I guess that best thing is that there is food; Mac Flurry is good but expensive. The bad thing is that you will go broke at the end of studying period. And the place is quite noisy until you can get use to it.
KFC and other fast food places
They will throw you out when it gets crowded.
Lan shops/K-box/Movie theaters
Only use this as a pre-studying or post-studying activity. But it really burns your pocket.
Other People’s Houses
Sure die one. There is no such house that does not have a computer/Mahjong/a deck of cards/board games/TV or anything other thing that will distract people. Just look at Yong Cheng or Yi Xuan ‘house. Only the inhabitants of the house can resist the temptation, I guess.
Your Own House
Only if u can resist the same temptations as above or you have really nice parents who will force you to study. Furthermore, you must the authority to ask your siblings to keep quiet.
Libraries
Only if you bear to wake up early to choke places and endure the temperatures and can resist the temptation to talk. The next thing is that one must resist the fiction books that are just next to you. -_-
Basically, just go some place that you will not get distracted. Even under a tree is possible. Do not study for long hours; it will just spoil your day. 2 hours of mugging follow by 4 hours of Mahjong is quite fine, but one should restrict it to maximum 3 times a week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home