Thursday, June 14, 2007

Words & Memories.

SMUN 2007 and the 2nd term of AJC life has indeed been a bittersweet. (NO, I am not talking about the studies side.) Stepping out of your comfort zone is never easy. It is just like research/innovation, it might not necessary yield results. One has to face those embarrassing/ awkward/ lonely/ depressing situations sometime in his/her life. Perhaps at the end of the day, one might gain some valuable experience from this.

Life in AJ could be compared to primary school life. Maybe a more complex, complicated and more tiring, frustrating and lonely life. One comes to JC life expecting major changes, but the level of changes was just too unexpected for me. For starters, the realisation of the social aspect of life and the difference in the studying environment. (it might be better/worse, cant make judgement yet) I realised how I lagged behind in certain aspects of my life. Well, I hope that during the two short years in AJC, I might learn something new other than my studies.

Some friends are nice, but they go no closer than that. Some are difficult to relate with, but that might just be due to my anti-socialness. I wonder if things would have change if I had gone to a different secondary school. The friends that I feel are quite treasurable are rare, to a certain extent. Lol. There might some in AJ, I most likely would not have the time to know.

A short posting written on the third day of SMUN:

I cant even make my partner talk to me. I sux. Zzz. I just smsed Ben. He's turned into a mugger. Omg? I guess a little studying won't hurt. Afterall, my second week had been devoed to delegating. Who knows, he might just help me pass my midyear.

The various types of people here are quite amazing. Is this a reflection of the future that I am going to face? If so, life is certain quite scary. Sigh. Perhaps due to the many isolated years in Cat High, I cant adapt that fast to a new life. But still others are not facing the same problem.

People tend to have a first impression of me that i clearly think that is so not true. I wonder if I would ever succeed in putting forth a true first impression of me. Or am I trying to be somebody I am not? I hope that i can find the answer before my life ends.

I just hate the impression of being the quiet nerdy boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home